Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Acorn Squash Soup

My son turned 3 years old today. As I thought about the day he was born, my heart swelled so much that I thought my chest was going to burst open. I know it sounds cliche, but that's exactly how it felt. I had a strange pregnancy. I was sick the whole 9 months (not just a few), I only gained 7 pounds through the whole thing, and I had no cravings. Oh, and my son was 10 pounds, 7 ounces at birth. Yep. You read that correctly. Ten pounds.

My feelings of happiness and love then turned to a slight sadness. He's growing up so fast and he's learning so much. Before I know it, he'll be in school, then he'll be driving, then dating, getting married, and making me a grandmother. Is there a pause button on this thing?

So I'm being a bit dramatic...

Continue Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment